Hosted by Green Teacher. Register here.
Food waste is what happens in our homes and in stores, restaurants, schools, and communities when we throw out edible food. You may be shocked to learn that about one-third of all food produced around the world goes to waste — even though there is nothing wrong with this food. It’s ending up in the landfill instead of our stomachs, and this is in part due to everyday decisions we make.
Join Matías (13 years old); Maurice and Josephine (twins, 5 years old), sisters Camila (9 years old) and Valeria (7 years old), and their parents and watch the Food Matters Action Kit in action! The kit contains a wealth of resources intended for teachers of young children and youth aged 5–25, including activities, an activity guide to help implement, and e-Learning videos for the classroom.
- Introduction to the Food Matters Action Kit – Antonia Andugar Miñarro, Project Lead, Commission for Environmental Cooperation (10 minutes)
- Watch Megan (Head of Communications, CEC) and her twins Maurice and Josephine celebrate ugly food by creating food waste superheroes! (5 minutes)
- Watch Georgina (Outreach and Partnerships, CEC) and her daughters Valeria (7 years old) and Camila (9 years old) complete the Food Innovators Activity! (10 minutes)
- Watch Armando (Head of Unit, Green Growth, CEC) and his son Matías attack their household “Food Waste Mountain” (10 minutes)
- Live Q&A with Antonia & Armando (15 minutes)